Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
This case study examines Northern Michigan University’s (NMU) evolutionary transition from
face-to-face teaching and learning to an online format. It explores the factors that contributed
to, and leading up to the university’s online campus initiative. It also describes how NMU’s
online preparedness is tested, in real-time, by the Covid-19 global pandemic shutdowns. It also
recounts how the faculty and students were given two business days and a weekend to go
completely virtual. Probably more significantly, it highlights the importance of incorporating
digital transformation as a part of the overall digital strategy for the organization.
1. Cite four reasons why NMU decided to go “digital” with its Global Campus?
2. What were the dilemmas of going digital?
3. What are some of the opportunities and challenges of NMU’s Global Campus? How
should NMU handle these challenges and seize the opportunity?
4. If you were the Vice President for Extended Learning, what would you do to grow the
Global Campus program?
5. Did the Covid-19 Pandemic help or hurt NMU’s Global Campus initiative?
6. Why may it be important to have an overall digital strategy in an organization rather
than just implementing a digital solution?